Our vision is to provide our customers with the highest quality, most beautiful tiles and worktops. Design is always at the heart of our business alongside competitive prices and excellent customer service.
We aim to be the best independent family-run tile business and to provide a motivating workplace for staff.
Role: Warehouse & Sales Associate
Location: The job will require you to work at both Esher and Esher showrooms
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 (+4*) hours per week, 5 out of 7 days * this includes 1 Sunday approximately every 4 weeks 12-4pm. You may also be required to work Saturdays.
Who we are: Tile Studio Esher is an independent family run business with showrooms in Esher and Esher upon Thames. We have been selling beautiful tiles and worktops to our customers for over 30 years. From home-owners to architects, building contractors to designers we pride ourselves on unrivalled customer service. We are passionate about design and bringing the latest beautiful products to homes and projects across the UK. We are looking to expand our business and look forward to welcoming an ambitious, enthusiastic member to the team.
Job purpose: The Sales Associate will be essential to the daily running of our showrooms. Assisting the managers in keeping the shop floor tidy and organised at all times. Liaising with couriers to ensure an efficient and tidy reception of deliveries. You will support the shop manager, in serving customers and closing sales. You will deliver exceptional customer service by inspiring and engaging customers. You will be passionate about interiors. You will be enthusiastic and full of initiative. You will have a positive can-do attitude and be flexible as is required when working for an SME. You may come from a different retail sector so will be willing to learn about our large range of products.
- You will have a strong retail sales background with experience of one to one selling. Your day will be very varied and you will need good attention to detail, along with the ability to close sales and recall a wide range of product knowledge.
- You will advise customers on suitable products, identify and maximise sales opportunities
- You will manage orders from start to finish providing the highest level of customer service and providing customers with support throughout.
- You will build and maintain positive working relationships with regular customers.
- You will be expected to follow company procedures for deliveries, sales and any other procedures required by your manager.
- You will be responsible, under the guidance of the shop manager, for keeping the showrooms organised and tidy, labelling samples and products and organising deliveries. Forging a good relationship with couriers.
- You will keep track of stock and ordering through the computerised system and keep the data in the P.O.S. system up-to-date.
- You will provide a safe and clean store environment internally and externally.
- You will be required to assist in loading and unloading including heavy lifting.
- Fork lift truck license is desirable but not essential
- You will undertake any other reasonable and appropriate duties as may be requested by your manager.
- At least 3 years’ experience in sales to the public face-to-face with a proven track record.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- An ability to engage customers through outstanding communication, questioning and listening skills.
- Experience of working as part of a team and the ability to work co-operatively with others.
- Energy, drive, pro-active and a positive can do attitude.
- Flexible to cover store opening hours and weekends and working at different locations.
- Excellent proven numerical skills.
- Able to work with numeric data and statistics and be IT literate. Previous P.O.S. experience preferred.
- Professional, well presented and amenable at all times.
- Physically fit enough for loading/unloading.
- A passion for interior design.
- Previous experience in the tile industry desirable.
All job offers will be subject to references and a satisfactory probationary period.
Please send CV’s and a covering letter to: [email protected] and include “sales associate” in the subject line.
If you haven’t heard from us 2 weeks after your submission your application has not been successful.